The Neighbourhood Plan
The Yateley Town Council and the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group are working hard to produce the plan to give the local community direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood, and shape the development and growth of their local area.
It came about as a result of the Localism Act of 2011. The plan will cover the period up to 2032 and will be an annex of the Hart District Council Local Plan.
The plan will be formulated around the following rules:
- Must be consistent with Local Authority’s Local Plan (which for Yateley is the Hart District Council Local Plan)
- Must be supported by evidence and consultation with the community
- Must conform to the legal terms of reference for a Neighbourhood Plan
- Must be approved by Government inspectors
- Must be agreed by public referendum
In support of the second item above, the Steering Group held a public consultation phase to allow interested parties to vote on their preferred priorities. This phase is now complete and the results will be published shortly.