Yateley, Darby Green and Frogmore Areas
The Yateley Parish is located in North East Hampshire. The parish includes the town of Yateley as well as the nearby districts of Darby Green and Frogmore.
The Yateley Parish is bounded to the north by the flood plain of the River Blackwater, much of which is occupied by the Yateley Lakes, which form a country park. The river also forms the boundary between Hampshire and Berkshire to the north.
The parish is bounded to the south by the A30 road. Between the road and the town are Yateley Commons Country Park and Blackbushe Airport.
Many residents of Darby Green and Frogmore are unsure of which parish they belong to. The red area of the map shows the boundary of the Yateley Parish. If you live within the red area, you are part of the Yateley Parish and covered by the Yateley, Darby Green and Frogmore Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan
The Yateley Town Council and the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group are working hard to produce the plan to give the local community direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood, and shape the development and growth of their local area.
It came about as a result of the Localism Act of 2011. The plan will cover the period up to 2032 and will be an annex of the Hart District Council Local Plan.
The plan will be formulated around the following rules:
- Must be consistent with Local Authority’s Local Plan (which for Yateley is the Hart District Council Local Plan)
- Must be supported by evidence and consultation with the community
- Must conform to the legal terms of reference for a Neighbourhood Plan
- Must be approved by Government inspectors
- Must be agreed by public referendum
In support of the second item above, the Steering Group held a public consultation phase to allow interested parties to vote on their preferred priorities. This phase is now complete and the results will be published shortly.
The Neighbourhood Plan provides an additional layer of control over development decisions. It will protect against inappropriate, speculative development and build a community consensus on our vision and expectations for own town.
Our Neighbourhood Plan will complement and reinforce Hart DC’s Local Plan and form an annex to it.
Our Vision for Yateley, Darby Green and Frogmore
The Steering Group have identified 4 core pillars on which the vision will be built.
- Good local facilities
- A place to be proud of
- Protected countryside and natural environment
- Encouraging biodiversity
- Preserved heritage and village-feel
- Good local transport links
- Appropriate development with supporting infrastructure
- Encouraging local shops and businesses
- Supportive of those in need
- Everyone valued equally
Below is a list of the policy topics that we have identified for inclusion in the Plan. For more details on the progress and history of the Neighbourhood Plan, check out our Progress Page
- Policy in favour of good local design in keeping with existing community feel
- Policy to protect buildings of historic and cultural importance (to align with the Yateley Society’s work to identify buildings of local importance)
- Policy to protect important local green spaces and gaps
- Policy to encourage design that encourages biodiversity
- Policy in favour of environmental design (e.g. support for solar panels etc)
- Protection and provision of trees, hedges and local planting
- Provision of allotments
- Policy in favour of housing mix, with a bias in favour of smaller, “starter” homes
- Policy in favour of generous provision of affordable housing
- Identification of any sites currently suitable for development
- Policy to provide good sport, leisure and recreational facilities
- Policy to regulate traffic flow to reduce noise, pollution and to enhance safety
- Policy on car parking provision in both residential and business areas
- Policy to improve pedestrian and cycle access – direct and appropriate paths to town facilities
- Policy to encourage sympathetic redevelopment of business premises
- Provision of good infrastructure – telecomms, broadband etc
- Protection of watercourses and avoidance of flood risk
- Reducing carbon emissions in line with Climate Change Act
- Blackbushe Airport site
To keep up to date with developments on the Yateley, Darby Green and Frogmore Neighbourhood Plan, Like our Facebook Page
Scroll down to see our upcoming events, meetings etc
No further events or meetings are planned